Monday 11 August 2014

Surviving the summer holidays

Summer holidays are great fun, but how do you fit working life around them?

At Spaceworks we've gathered 3 tips from working parents with younger children to see what they choose to do to keep the work - life balance over summer.

1) Adjusting your working hours can work well. "It feels a bit funny changing from working 9am-5pm, but it is surprising how much work I can squeeze in after the kids have gone to bed." 

2) Many other parents are in the same situation over the summer, so working together can be really helpful. "When I have a meeting, I ask a friend to watch the kids for a couple of hours, knowing that I'll return the favour when they have an appointment they can't miss." 

3) Some activities will allow you to get a bit of ticking-over admin done. "If my children fancy watching a film, I can sit in the same room as them and just answer a few emails to keep the ball rolling." 

If you do need a desk for a day of work away from home, we have Day Passes for Spaceworks for £10. We hope you're having a lovely summer, and we'd love to hear your survival tips too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment